AMERICA’S LARGEST HOME FURNISHINGS STORE
Nebraska Furniture Mart, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is America’s largest home furnishings store. Since 1937, Nebraska Furniture Mart has been helping customers fill their homes with quality, affordable items that help them achieve the lifestyle they want. One of the first and only retailers to sell furniture, flooring, electronics and appliances all under one roof, NFM is famous for a wide variety of products and services, fair prices and steadfast commitment to exceptional customer service.
In addition to home furnishings, Nebraska Furniture Mart offers delivery, installation, interior design, custom orders, online shopping, product protection plans and financing options. With multiple services and styles to fit all budgets, it’s a one-stop shop for everything home.
Omaha, NE is Nebraska Furniture Mart’s headquarters and flagship store location. Additional locations include Clive, IA, Kansas City, KS, and The Colony, TX.
Nebraska Furniture Mart stores comprise of over 1 million square feet of retail shopping space combined, and our total staff count is 5,200 strong!
WHY NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART?
Simply put, Nebraska Furniture Mart is different! Besides a unique and fun culture, stability and opportunities galore, it’s our priority to provide our team and their families the lifestyle they want through their employment with NFM. This includes competitive pay and benefits, wellness programs, a rewarding work environment and growth opportunities. In fact, 90% of our leadership is hired from within the company!
In our 80-year history, Nebraska Furniture Mart has never had layoffs. Staff longevity speaks volumes about a company, and we proudly have nearly 900 staff members with 10+ years of employment. Because we take pride in seeing our staff achieve their best, we invest in ongoing growth and development, including Service Plus training, Leadership Development Programs, tuition reimbursement and much more!
NFM is a growing company with four locations. We credit our success to our dedicated, talented team, and we work hard to find team members who share our values. If you are motivated, passionate and wish to be rewarded for your hard work, then Nebraska Furniture Mart is the place for YOU!
View our open positions, apply online or join our Talent Network at www.nfm.com/careers.
INTERIOR DESIGNER | OMAHA, NE
SUMMARY: Plans, designs, and furnishes interior environments of residential and commercial buildings by performing the following duties.
Offer full-service Interior Design services to our customers:
- Confers with client to determine style preferences, lifestyle choices, the scope of the project, investment plan, and other factors which affect planning interior environments.
- Provide in-home design services to assure accurate measurements are taken, look at traffic patterns, floor coverings, natural lighting, furniture and accessories needs, and make window treatment suggestions. Integrates findings with knowledge of interior design and formulates environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes.
- Advises client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings, color schemes, and color coordination.
- Selects products and make design presentations to clients for approval. Presentation includes floor plans, furniture, lighting, art work, area rugs, wall décor and window treatments with drawings or illustrations, also estimates material requirements and costs.
- Orders furnishings, art works, area rugs and accessories.
Assist NFM customers in determining needs and providing product information while meeting or exceeding all Minimum Acceptable Standards for the department:
- Circulate the sales floor and approach customers in a timely manner. Follow greeting requirements.
- Qualify customer needs. Based on the customer’s responses, suggest products that will meet their needs. Inform, demonstrate and educate the customers on features and benefits of the products.
- Efficiently manage the sales process. Point out advantage of add-on-products. Handle and overcome objections. Close sales. Provide necessary point-of-sale information.
- Follow the sales floor guidelines with each and every customer. Follow exit requirements. Reinforce purchase decision.
- Accurately enter orders into the system. Handle customer service issues as authorized.
- Follows up with customers after delivery.
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE | KANSAS CITY, KS
As a Retail Sales Associate, you will provide world class service to NFM customers in a team- oriented environment. You will circulate the sales floor while greeting customers in a timely and professional manner. Your focus will be on providing excellent customer service, overcoming objections, and closing sales. You will partner with other staff members or customer care teams, whenever necessary, to ensure prompt and thorough problem resolution. Other responsibilities of the Consultant role include:
- Processing orders accurately and efficiently
- Identifying and resolving all post-order problems quickly and efficiently
- Following all departmental guidelines for personal and professional conduct
- Using the POPS system to research problems and identify solutions
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of system functionality and enhancements
- Keeping current on new products, selling techniques, and system enhancements
- Maintaining an attractive and efficient work environment
- Checking voicemail and e-mail twice daily and returning messages in a timely manner