Park’s Marketing and Graphic Design classes recently had the opportunity to visit a local ad agency to learn more about their vision, what opportunities they offer, and to tour their office for a taste of the culture. We had a wonderful time and wanted to provide them an opportunity to explain what they’re about:
Sullivan Higdon & Sink helps brands stand out from the flock through integrated brand experiences conceived and executed by multi-disciplined teams.
An Ad Age Small Agency of the Year, SHS exists to inspire brands and people to be remarkable. With offices in Kansas City, Mo and Wichita, KS, the agency’s client roster includes AMC Theatres; Cargill; The Kansas City Chiefs; Lowe’s Home Improvement; Merial; Newell Rubbermaid; Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City; Pratt & Whitney; Procter & Gamble and SONIC® Drive-In, among others. Agency focus areas include food value chain (SHS FoodThink), aerospace and defense, marketing to men and big brand start-ups.
Some of their open positions include:
ASSISTANT REPUTATION MANAGER – KANSAS CITY
- Build and maintain strong client relationships for all cattle clients
- Work closely with other reputation management and content strategy resources to improve/adapt earned and owned content
- Work with internal teams, as needed, to develop editorial content for client social media networks
- Build, maintain and leverage editorial calendars for large animal industry outlets
- Identify story opportunities, proactively share with the client team and pitch to large animal industry clients
- Assist in developing and refining measurement strategies for PR campaigns
- Strengthen media lists/databases
- Perform media outreach and follow-up
- Inform team of noteworthy industry news items and opportunities
- Support and execute day-to-day earned media/PR activities for client accounts
- Draft and post content for earned media and owned content
- Monitor, track and report on earned and owned media coverage
- Handle various administrative functions and other duties as assigned
- Has a bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism or public relations
- Has 1-3 years of professional experience, preferably in the large animal veterinary pharmaceutical industry
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exhibits creativity and resourcefulness
- Has excellent analytical and presentation skills, including handling many assignments simultaneously
- Is able to proofread and ensure accurate written material
- Has excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple assignments and deliver solid results while working under pressure
- Is able to work independently and collaboratively with teammates and clients, as needed
- Has solid knowledge of Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and internet-based public relations tools
- Is able to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion
- Has good judgment and decision-making skills
- Has knowledge of AP Stylebook (preferred)
BUSINESS ANALYST – KANSAS CITY
- Design and perform campaign/line of business analysis, interpret results and develop recommendations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Apply various quantitative methods to combine and interpret information from multiple data sources.
- Provide integrated marketing analytical solutions for customer and channels to improve client decision-making.
- Collaborate with clients to develop clear business and measurement objectives.
- Partner with the creative team by uncovering relevant insights, trends and optimization criteria.
- Monitor consumer and business trends that affect our clients’ businesses.
- Help translate research findings and insights into effective advertising strategies.
- Provide day-to-day support to the brand strategy team.
- Conduct data and dashboard quality assurance throughout the design process.
- Partner with strategists and brand managers to communicate the value of social media monitoring and web analytics to clients.
- Develop and execute social media monitoring and Web analytics measurement plans based on objectives and identify key performance indicators.
- Architect social media and website content strategies.
- Educate clients about how to most effectively curate social media content and identify resource gaps to achieve proposed social media content strategies.
- Compile and analyze secondary research from various sources.
- Conduct and assist with primary research studies: preparing proposals, developing questionnaires and discussion guides, programming online surveys, monitoring studies in the field, coordinating with research vendors, tabulating and analyzing data, and preparing reports for presentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising, communication or relevant field.
- 4-6 years of experience of quantitative and/or qualitative analytics .
- Data visualization experience (specifically, Tableau would be ideal).
- Agency experience is preferred.
- Familiar with and experienced in analyzing Google Analytics, AdWords and other social media metrics.
- Able to articulate actionable, data-driven insights to internal teams and clients.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task projects and manage multiple data sources.
- Experience in program measurement test design and financial modeling.